Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflections



I have been enjoying most of the stories I have been reading in this course because many of them share really great moral themes. The most interesting read was the Voyages of Sindbad. I’ve allocated some of my free time to do these reading and I’ve been enjoying it a lot because I have the luxury of choosing which topics interest me. Reading notes is making it very easy for me to write a story because as I am writing my reading notes I am constantly thinking about how I can input my own ideas into the story. I am excited to read native American and Celtic tales since both cultures seem pretty interesting to me.

I am satisfied with the stories I have been writing this semester but I know I could do better. Through writing stories, I learned a lot about myself. I can write more than I thought, however the more I write the less focused I am on keeping the structure and grammar tense proper. Instead I flow with my thoughts and just write. I definitely look forward to addressing these two mistakes and trying to become better at writing.

I enjoy reading other people’s stories because it shows the difference in perspectives. Some people tend to adjust a story based on something they’ve experienced and want to implicitly share using the story while other people are creative and display that really well. I definitely can improve in giving people feedback but I don’t like hypocrisy so I prefer to focus on improving myself first and then investing more time in helping people adjust their writings.
Creative Process





1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear this class is going well for you! Structure and grammar are pretty hard to master when it comes to writing and it's difficult to catch the mistakes :(. Best of luck to you! I understand what you mean with giving feedback; I have difficulty giving it, too. I feel kind of bad whenever I do it as well.

    I hope you had a nice spring break!

    ReplyDelete