Monday, April 24, 2017

Reading Notes: The Fable of La Fontaine by W.T Lared, Part A



The Frog and the Ox: This is a very funny story. It talks about a frog who was not happy about his size, in fact he did not like being so small. He saw an Ox and was somehow jealous of her size. Therefore he decided to “stretch” himself in order to reach that size. Therefore, he kept on blowing himself more and more until his body could not stretch more. He ended up blowing up into many little pieces. Although the outcome of this story is very sad, the story is however very funny when you think about. I think this can also be a good pick for my story writing since I can write a comedy story from this by adding more action to it or even changing the reason why the frog decided to get bigger. Or even funnier I can add a magic potion for the frog to reach his wanted size but it will come with consequences of course just like in the story. Finally I believe that this will be the story I will be writing on.







The Old Man and the Ass. Web Source




The Ass in the Lion’s Skin: This is a very short story that talks about an ass who was camouflaged in a Lion’s skin. In the beginning everyone feared him because they all thought that he was a lion. Therefore everyone took off running. However, an old man noticed that he was not a lion due to his mouth and eyes that were not similar to those of a lion. Although, this story is short and brief, I believe that a lot can be done to it. I can add more characters and add more plots to the story. This will make it much more interesting and also I can add more drama or mystery into it to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment