Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Robin Hood Unit by Francis James Child, Part A

Robin Hood’s Progress to Nottingham: This story was very nice and I think a great way to introduce Robin Hood’s strength. It talks about Robin Hood a young man who wanted to show how good he was with his bow and arrow to the foresters. Of course, no one believed he was any good so he decided to demonstrate his skills by competing with each one of them. It was in Fair Nottingham that all of this happened and Robin Hood ended up killing all of them but one forester so that he can tell the story. Then he took off to the merry green wood and all the foresters were buried in a row next to each other. This is really a great story but I believe that it needs a bit more action and mystery to make it more alive. I think that a lot can be done to it by adding more characters and also more parts to the story.

Robin Hood and the Ranger: This story talks about Robin Hood who went to the forest to hunt deer. However, he met a forester who forbids him of such. After a long talk, they start to fight and Robin Hood looses. Therefore, he decides to blow his horn in order to call his men for help. However, the forester offers him help and they became good companions and swear to always fight with each other so that they can be much stronger. This story is very nice and I think that I will be writing my story on this one as it captivated me the most. There is a good message that comes out of it that I will insist much more while writing my story. Also, I think that I can add more into the fight of Robin Hood to make it much more interesting.
Man Dressed As Robin Hood. Web Source


No comments:

Post a Comment