Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites

The topic is about Arabian folk stories such as Ali Baba and Aladin. The title allowed us to get an idea of the theme to expect from reading this story. I found interesting that the characters of the story were portrayed in a different perspective. The introduction did a great job explaining the topic and making it clear what the goal of the story was. This story page did not have a lot of creative styles included however the illustration was nice. The typical Persian rug and characters with Arabian features and clothing were appropriate to the theme of the story. In this sense the picture was the only helpful tool to my initial reaction. I like the headers of each section not being your typical “Intro, body…” instead the author chose to be unique. Additionally, the lingo used made me feel comfortable reading as it was not formal.

SORCimage_003.jpg 

This story is something I am familiar with, of course who doesn’t know friends! The title did a great job of letting me know what the story book was about to that extent where I included it in this activity. The introduction is good in explaining what the story book is about. There’s a great description of the scene, with the utilization of a picture of the famous New York coffee shop that the show takes place in. Also the author takes time to describe each character to familiarize the readers with. I feel it would’ve been better if a picture of each character was included with the paragraph of description. There’s a useful image of the whole group of Friends on the top of page but that is not enough.


The title of the story is what bought me to the storybook! The topic is something I am unfamiliar with (Or am I?). I was more interested since the author included a specific date to the story which resembles a significant time in music history and culture in the United Kingdon and world. The introduction did a great job explaining the topic to where I felt like I was watching a tv series and the first episode ended. This made me want to go on and see how the story continues. The design and layout suits the theme of the story. The background is a trippy graphic of shapes integrated into each other. The bright yellow light is also a good resemblance of the topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment